What is in the area?
Dominion Drugstore and Post Office is located on the northwest corner of 8th Street and 7th Avenue. For groceries, we are within walking distance of Safeway, Co-Op, Community Health Food Market, Kay’s Market, and a number of convenience stores.
Restaurants of many types of cuisines are all around us! They range from casual to ultra sophisticated and leave our tenants spoiled for choice! The Globe Cinema is located at 617 8th Ave SW, just a few blocks away! Cineplex Odeon has a multiplex theatre downtown in Eau Claire Market (200 Barclay Parade SW).
The five major banks (TD, CIBC, BMO, RBC, and Scotia Bank) all have locations within 3 blocks of us.
The schools in our area are listed below:
– Connaught Public Elementary School is located at 1121 12th Ave SW.
– Western Canada Public High School Is located at 641 17th Ave SW.
– Saint Mary’s Catholic High School is located at 111 18th Ave SW.
– University of Calgary’s Downtown Campus is located at the corner of 8th Ave and 8th Street SW.
– Reeves College is located at 1500, 910 7th Ave SW.
– University of Alberta’s Downtown Calgary Site is located at 120 – 333 5th Ave SW.
There are several daycares in the vicinity of the building. The first threes are the closest!
(1) Little Treasures Inc. runs a daycare/preschool in the building from 6.30 am to 6.00 pm. Children between the ages of 3 months to 6 years may be accepted. Snacks are provided. This is a convenient setup for working parents who live in the building.
(2) Children’s Creative Learning Centre – 910 7 Ave SW – (403) 266-2768 – Website
(3) Discovery Child Care Inc – 1134 8 Ave SW #2l – (403) 261-2811 – Website We are within walking distance of Safeway, Co-Op, Community Health Food Market, Kay’s Market, and a number of convenience stores.
Are utilities included in the rent?
Please Contact Us for details.
Do you have furnished apartments?
Yes, please Contact Us for details.
Do you have a mountain view?
Many of our suites have mountain views. Other units have downtown or river views.
What upgrades do you have?
All of our units are well maintained with fairly new appliances. Each unit has a fresh coat of paint, carpets are professionally cleaned and there are new card operated washers and dryers in the laundry room!
What is the rent?
It is subject to market conditions and availability. Please Contact Us for details.
What is the Security Deposit amount?
The Security Deposit is one month’s rent.
Do I need Tenants Insurance?
Yes. It is so important to have insurance for your belongings. The landlord’s insurance covers the structure of the building – it does not cover your contents. Please visit this page for details on our insurance program.
What size are the apartments?
One bedroom apartments at Garden Towers are 660, 680 and 710 square feet. Two bedroom apartments are 840 square feet.
What is the length of the lease term?
Prices are based on a twelve month lease term. A six month lease term is possible, but the rent is $50.00/month more.
What amenities does the building feature?
Westview Heights offers all year round heated swimming pool, an excellent gym (treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, weight machine), laundry room and dryers on every floor (these run on Smart Cards instead of coins so you don’t have to keep a lot of change on hand), and a Recreation Room – available at Garden Towers (pool table, ping pong tables, dart board, TV and social area). Little Treasures Daycare is on the ground floor (403-452-4746). There are 3 restaurants on the ground floor for your dining convenience.
Do you have balconies?
Westview Heights does not have balconies, but has architecturally unique windows that offer panoramic views in all weather conditions without having to go outside.
Are families permitted?
Westview Heights is a family building.
Are pets permitted?
Dogs are permitted if they are certified handicapped assistance animals (seeing eye dogs, etc.). For other permitted pets, please check with us.
Is parking available/included in the rent?
Parking is not included in the rent, but is available in the building. It is professionally managed by Indigo. They can be reached at 403-296-1820.